Total Pageviews

Friday, July 31, 2009

5th Wedding Anniversary

Jeff and I celebrate 5 wonderful years together on July 24th. We started the weekend out by dinner at Jasper's, in the Domain. I started out with a heirloom tomato and mozzarella salad and for my entree I had blackened flouder with a lemon garlic shallot sauce with shrimp served on top of a bed of rice pilaf with andouille sausage. Jeff had a full rack of baby back ribs served with a baked potatoe salad. For dessert we had rocky road ice cream sandwiches which had chocolate cookies filled with gooey marshmellow creme chocolate and caramel rolled in candied pecans. The food was fabulous!





Saturday, we slept in and then headed out for our couples massage and foot relexology at Viva Day Spa down on 35th street. We both desparately needed it and enjoyed it tremendously. Then we headed for Trudy's for lunch and a quick stop at a Dance shop to look for Grace some dance clothes for the fall. Now, the biggest task of the day...looking for bedroom furniture! Jeff and I have different thoughts on this, but what couple doesn't. ;o) We first stopped in at Star Furniture and looked around and found a bedroom set that I liked. The only problem was that the price for a 4 piece set (king bed without mattress, 1 night stand, and a dresser with mirror) was about $6000. We still needed a matress and box springs, 1 more night stand and a armoire. So needless to say we decided to look at other furniture stores.






After, such a full day we decided to go pick Grace up early (meaning Saturday evening, instead of Sunday morning) from my parent's house. We went to eat with them at Five Guys down on Guadalupe and then headed to ride the train down at Zilker Park. Big mistake! The hillside theatre was in full swing and there was a line of cars on Barton Springs just to pull into the park. We decided to find a playground for Grace to play at and ended up at Amy's Ice Cream off Burnet Road for ice cream and a little play time. Such a GREAT ending!



P.S. Mom & Dad - thanks again for watching Grace for us! :o)

Happy Anniversary to my husband, my soul mate, my best friend, my one true love, my rock, my confidant. I love with you with all my heart! ~ Lauren

No comments: