Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Date Night

Around lunch time yesterday, my mom and dad came to pick up Grace so that Jeff and I could have a date night. It was so wonderful to have a little break from our little sweet pea. During the afternoon, I ate lunch and watched a soap that I'd taped (without any interruptions), Jeff was able to go work out when ever he felt like it (without having to strategically plan his trip to the gym), we were able to convert Grace's bed to a toddler bed (more on this to come...), and I was able to focus on only myself while getting ready. Now don't get me wrong I love Grace to pieces and love having her around, but it sure is nice to sometimes have the opportunity to focus on myself and us as a couple. :o)

Jeff did a lot of research on where to go to dinner (we like to try new places) and decided to take me to a little restaurant in Georgetown called Tony & Luigi's. It's a family owned italian place. When we first drove up there was only a hand full of cars and Jeff said he wasn't guaranteeing anything and even insinuated that maybe we find another place, but I told him I wanted to try it out.

We walked in a were promptly greeted and seated. The waitress (which by the way was the owners daughter) told us the specials of the night, said that all the pastas, sauces, etc. were made in house by her father and gave us a few minutes to decide what we wanted.

I ordered manicotti filled with ricotta cheese topped with a bolognese sauce and a cesar salad. Jeff ordered pasta primavera with fettucini and grilled chicken. We were served homemade rolls that were made in house and fresh herbed butter (which I could of made a meal off of just that). After we finished our entrees, we ordered a chocolate tarte for dessert served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side.

Jeff and I have definitely found us a new italian restaurant to dine at. I highly recommend this place to anyone. It's a quaint little place with black and white European pictures on the walls. The wait staff was very attentive. You can either dress up for a nice dinner or go casual. We saw all types of dress while we were there. And most of all the prices were very reasonable. Jeff and I got out of there with our bill costing $50.00 including tip.

After dinner, Jeff and I drove around just looking at different things. I mainly wanted to drive and find out where the Brushy Creek Sprinkler park was and the duck pond. I had no idea it was so close to us! This will have to be a place we take Grace in the near, near future. :o)
We, also, came across the elementary school Grace is suppose to attend when she enters kindergarten.

We had such a fabulous date night!

Thanks babe for a such a wonderful time. I love you so much!


P.S. While Jeff and I were focusing on ourselves...My wonderful parents took Grace to Chuck E Cheese for the first time ever for her to eat pizza and play games, which she loved. They,also, took her to Firehouse Subs for dinner where she recieved her very own fireman's hat.

Mom and Dad thank you so very much for keeping Grace for us! We love you guys!

No comments: