Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thoughts for Thursday: Emersyn's room is finally done!


Now that it's just 3 days before Miss Emmie's BIG arrival, I finally finished her room. :o)
My mom refinished Grace's old lamp base to look antiqued and we made the lamp shade to go on top.
It's kind of hard to see, but we changed the knobs on the changing table/dresser to crystal pulls.
A lady that works at my dad's office made this diaper stacker to match the bedding.
She's an amazing seamstress!
A closer look at the pattern on the bedding.
The bumper pads are a floral print and the crib skirt is a strip.
A look from a far to get the whole picture!




This is not a great picture, but I, also, had the lady at my dad's office make the curtains too!


The side table by the rocking chair. I purchased this table for a little of nothing and my mom refinished it to match the lamp. I was so amazed when she was finished. She is so talented! Thanks mom for helping me. The pieces look fabulous! :o)



The blanket, on the back of the chair, was also custom made to match the bedding. The top fabric is silk shantung and the bottom is a cream minky swirl fabric with a chiffon ruffle.



A closer look at what's on top of the book shelf and the pictures on the wall.




Here's a look at the book shelf from a distance. I plan on filling the book shelf with books (of course) and special momentos.

P.S. I'm still working on Grace's room...I have curtains to hang and decor to buy for the walls. Pictures to come later when I'm all done. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lauren:

The room is beautiful and it was made with love for a very special baby just like her sister.

CK