Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Last Month in a Nut Shell

Gosh, time flies when you're having fun. Things have been a little crazy around here. I didn't realize that adding a baby to our mix was going to turn things upside down at times. LOL! I am such a routine person and everything has to be so-so and adding a baby to that seems to make the routine go out the door for the time being. I keep telling myself that things will get back to normal...it just might be a different normal. :o)
Here's what's been going on in our lives...
Grace is back at school. Although, I must say it's a little weird because I'm not there this year. She is having a blast with all her friends and it's good for Mommy too because I'm not having to come up with activities for her to do all day. It has been a bit trying lately with Emersyn added to the mix and she seems to be "a hold me baby, " which means Mommy gets nothing done, but we're working on that. ;o)



(She didn't get to wear her cute dress and sandals the 1st day of school due to all the rain we had that week.)

Dance started back up. Grace is taking Combo I, which is tap and ballet. She was so excited that she got to attend dance class without Mommy this year. She loves to perform and be the center of attention!








Emersyn rolled on her side at 3 weeks. My Aunt Carolyn and I actually witnessed it while she was sleeping on a blanket in the living room. She smiled for the first time at 3 weeks 4 days old. The smile was at her Daddy. Jeff and I neither one were sure if it was a real smile until we saw it happen a few more times after that. Now, we are working on trying to sleep through the night! :o)

Emersyn is a GREAT baby! We couldn't have asked for anything better.
God has truly blessed us again with a bundle of joy.

(Grace and her cheesy smile. She's such a goober!)

1 comment:

cheryl said...

2 cuties pies! Isn't it crazy how the time flies. The phrase "the days are long, but the years are short" is often floating around in my head!
Let me know if you get the sleeping through the night thing figured out. You'd think by 3 kids we'd have it down, but between teeth and developmental milestones, this little guy is probably our worst sleeper yet!
Oh well, I just try to treasure the extra snuggles. ;o)