Total Pageviews

Friday, June 13, 2008

Flower Power Birthday Party

We had Grace's 1st birthday party Saturday, May 17th. I had so much fun planning it! Both our families came over to spend such a special day with Grace.


This is a sign that I painted to put up in our yard. Gosh, it sure did bring back memories of painting crash signs in high school.

Here's the birthday girl! She just woke up from a nap and ready to party.


Mommy and Daddy posing with the birthday girl.









"Cake Time"

She was wondering why all eyes were on her. The attempt to eat her very own special birthday cake that Mommy made. Chocolate cake with white icing and colorful sprinkles. She stuck one finger in it and made a face. She does NOT like her hands dirty. Can we say sensory issues? LOL! She did like her cake only if Mommy was feeding her. :)

This was the dirt cake Mommy made more for (decoration than) dessert, along with colorful cupcakes. I thought everyone would eat cupcakes, but to my surprise they loved the dirt cake which was a concoction. I couldn't find a recipe that sounds good , so I made up my own. :)


Grace had so much fun opening presents or should I say Mommy had fun opening the presents. The poor little sweet pea just didn't have a long enough attention span.



This was her favorite present of the day. A cup with her name on it. Once she opened it, they were best friends. Thanks, Ryan and Melissa! :)

Thank you so much to everyone that came. Grace had a fabulous time and enjoys playing with all her new toys.













No comments: