Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Yeehaw!


This past Friday, Grace had a singing program at school.
The theme was Texas/cowboy/rodeo.

This was the first time as a Mommy that I totally failed and I know it won't be the last! First, I didn't even know about the program until Wednesday when I was walking Grace into school and I saw a sign that said, "Today is your last day to buy BBQ tickets." I thought to myself "what is that all about?" So, I asked her teacher and she said there was a short program on Friday and after they were serving chopped beef sandwiches, cookies and "rattlesnake" juice. I thought ok...now hurry home and call the family and let them know all about it...so that when I go to pick Grace up from school, I can buy all of our BBQ tickets. By that afternoon I thought I was doing ok...all the family knows...check...BBQ tickets bought...check...cute little spring dress and bow to match that was already in Grace's closet...check. Doing good, right?...WRONG! Friday arrived and I took Grace to school. As we were walking in I saw a few kids with western attire. One with a bandana...one with a cowboy hat...one that had boots on. I didn't think anything of it, until I got in the car to go home and wondered to myself, "were they suppose to dress like cowboys and cowgirls?" At that point, I just brushed it off. Then Jeff, Emersyn and I got in the car to go to the program and I was telling Jeff about all the kids and what I had seen. He said, "I bet they were suppose to dress up." I started feeling a little bad...I didn't want her to feel left out. We got to her school and I saw the decorations up where they always sing and I started feeling worse. Then they all started walking out and many of the children were dressed up to some degree and then there was Grace...looking so cute in her spring little dress, but no cowgirl attire. :o( Mommy fail #2! I felt so bad, but luckily she didn't seem fazed by it at all...plus there were other kids that were in plain school clothes too. the ONLY thing that she did ask me later was "Mommy, do I have cowboy boots?" So, I know she was at least thinking about it which made me feel bad again. I just don't EVER want my girls to EVER feel left out because Mommy was out of the loop or wasn't on top of things!

We watched the program and it was too cute as always! :o) They sang a few songs like "Deep in the Heart of Texas," "I'm a Tex...I'm a Tex," "The Eyes of Texas" (which I thought Jeff was going to have a cow because they had the kids put up the Longhorn sign...it was too funny though because Grace had the most confused look on her face because she's never seen or done "hook'em" before nor will she ever do it again. LOL). Then we headed for the BBQ sandwiches...Grace ate a happy meal from Mickey D's being that she is such a picky eater and I promised her a special lunch if she sang really well. :o) We had a GREAT time and I think she really enjoyed everyone being there. :o)


Grace's Squirrel class walking to their spot.


Looking at all the people out in the audience.


Grace's class.
Aren't they sooooo cute! :o)
The 2 little boys with cowboy hats on, Grace is always talking about.



Yawning...it's close to nap time.
I always thought it might be a good idea to have the program in the morning when parents are arriving to bring their kids to school. That way the kids aren't getting sleepy and for the parents that work...well, they don't have to come back at lunch time.

Rubbing her eyes.



Chowing down.



This would have been better if Grace wouldn't have been squeezing Emersyn too hard.




Riding the horse and not wanting to get off because she didn't want anyone else to get on it.


1 comment:

cheryl said...

Super cute, and I can't believe YOU were out of the loop at Spicewood! Oh well, happens to the best of us right? ;o) Of course she was a-dorable anyway.